I pulled out a fistful of pines
and gargled some green air,
finding ways to pass the time
as nothing changed around me.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Dark Fell With Amnesty

"Quit playing Call of Duty, quit wasting your stupid life! I’m hitting up the streets with Jeff, about to print my ticket and other plane-related shit, and upon returning I shall tell you about the worst emotional mugging of my lifetime."

So goes the dial-tone
          echoing like a foghorn


two bowls out of luck
                   while taxis idle cross-eyed
I steal another cigarette
                            from Jeff, who is sprawled
over his sheets
                                my paperwork is ready
I only wanted to
hear you I knew
you'd be sour
I got what I asked for
                trapped inside an
hourglass

         cracked and sand
                 now spilling

out this ear,

                                                                                                                             into these hands                
           trembling                          wired           I can’t feel
the cold cradling
            my baby breath



light, let my memory not lead me away
grant me the winds to aid my tired oars
and the grace to lose what is already lost
for I’ve never felt so displaced as I do now
give me the luck to pass the crowded way
and to open up what's always been closed

so goes the prayer
of the failure

No comments:

Post a Comment